This year we had a special blessing to be thankful for at Thanksgiving. Our little Sienna turned six months old and we got to finalize her adoption. Yesterday we went before the judge and he made us swear to be the best parents possible for our little girl. He then declared us to be a legal family before the State of California and told us he hoped to see us back again soon with a brother or sister for Sienna.
We had some of Steve's family come out and some friends from our ward. The noise of four squealing kids echoing throughout the court house helped move our case from 18th on the docket to third. Kids really are a blessing. : )
Sienna was a little groggy during the Ceremony since it was her nap time, but she perked up pretty quick afterward.
"You just adopted the sweetest little baby around, what are you guys going to do next? We are going to Disneyland....... Yeah!"
Sienna always loves Disneyland since it is like watching cartoons in real life.

We were worried that she would be afraid of Mickey, but she was in heaven and didn't want to leave Mickey's house. She was so excited she would not take her normal naps. Mom and Dad payed for that last night at 12:00, 2:00, 3:00, 4:00 and 5:30. But it was a special day and a special occasion so I guess it's worth it.
12 comments:
I love you all so very much. I am so happy for you.
Love, Mama
What a great post to read. Sounds like it was a wonderful day!
Congratulations!
That was such a special post to read. I'm really happy for you guys. Sienna is very lucky to have such loving parents.
Hi-
You commented on our blog about an adoption post that we had. We did have pictures with the post so I don't know if you saw them before I removed them. I had some comments from some friends that made me so mad I just took the pictures off. They have no respect or understanding. Anyway... thanks for your sweet words. I wanted to tell you congratulations on finalizing. That is the greatest feeling in the whole world I am sure you would agree. She is so beautiful and looks so much like your husband. She fits right in the family. We have been communicating with a birthmom for almost 2 months via email and are driving up to Boise tonight to meet and spend a day with her tomorrow. We are very nervous and excited. We hope that it all goes well. She is due in 6 weeks. She still isn't sure about adoption. Pray for her ;)! It is fun to meet and talk with families that have adopted. Adoption is the best! Did you find our blog link through LDS Family Services' website? Talk to you again, Anne
That is such exciting news!!! Congrats you guys! Sienna is such a cutie. What a blessing! I love the picture of you holding her. (And all the talk of Disneyland make me want to take Jacen.)
Congratulations you guys! That’s so exciting! I can’t wait for her sealing over Christmas break! I love you guys! See you soon!
Congratulations from me and Nicole too! This is great. We're so excited to see you guys over the holidays and to have a chance to finally meet Sienna.
Love you.
Dave
Kimmy, I am so excited for you, Steve and your sweet little angel girl. Sienna is so adorable and I can't wait to see her in less than a month. Aly is also looking forward to playing with her buddy. Congrrats!
it was the best day ever! Glad I could be there.
What a wonderful day!! Congratulations you guys!!
Congrats!!! I am sooo happy for you guys. I also love the picture of you and Sienna. Adorable!
Kim, I am so happy for you and Steve. Sienna is so lucky; what a blessing for your family. I'm sure that day will never be forgotten.
congratulations.
Post a Comment