Sunday, September 28, 2008

Aaaaalligator. . .

Where we stayed on Marco Island was really close to the Everglades National Park. We decided to take a boat tour of the Mangroves and the 10,000 islands that are part of the National Park.
I think Steve and I were more excited about the boat ride through the Mangrove trees,
But when we saw this . . .
and this . . .Sienna got excited too. She has an alligator bath toy and for the last couple of weeks I have been singing an alligator song to her. She does the sign for alligator and then says Aaaaa. We think it is so cute. Little does she realize that her new favorite animal is not a nice animal.

We then continued south through the 10,000 islands. The one animal I REALLY wanted to see was a manatee, but we were told that because of the hurricanes they had gone deeper into the sea.
We did see many many birds, and
a dolphin followed our boat.Then, much to my surprise and amusement we saw manatees, lots of them. Here are two noses.
More manatees.
Our boat trip was a success!

2 comments:

Mama and Papa Swenson said...

I am so glad you had an enjoyable time and that you have a travel buddy. XOXO Love, Mom XOXO

Willis Family said...

Hey, this is where we stayed...in Marco Island!!! We went on that same tour, but didn't have any luck seeing an alligator...LUCKIES!!!!