For Valentine's this year my sweet husband surprised me with a trip to Hawaii. We went to the island of Oahu and stayed at this grand place.

We were welcomed with beautiful lays.


This is a view of the Lagoon from our room. It was an amazing view and we loved spending time out on our balcony.

There was so much to do. One day we stayed around the resort and enjoyed the lagoon.

Steve enjoyed some time on the surf board, and then we took a trip around the lagoon in a canoe.

We also spent some time in the pool. Sienna loved the pool. She especially loved the little water slide that went from one pool to another.

I couldn't resist taking some pictures of my sweet little girl in her Hawaiian dresses. Lucky for me she felt in the mood to smile. Lately she has been either hiding her face or giving me a crusty look. I think it must have been the fact that we were on vacation in one of the most beautiful places in the world. Thank you Aunt Kim and Crystal for such cute dresses.


On another day we went on a hike. It was a little windy but we saw such beautiful sights.




On another day we went to the Polynesian Cultural Center were we learned more about the customs of Fiji, Hawai'i, Maori new Zealand, Samoa, Tahiti and Tonga.
We watched many dances, and Sienna decided to join in on the Samoan dance.

She also learned how to play with sticks like the people of New Zealand.

Steve tried to show us how to make fire with two sticks. He was sucessful at making smoke, but the Samoan man was able to make it in less than two minutes. Maybe next time honey.

We even took the time to get a tatoo from the island of New Zealand.

We saw and learned so much that day that we wished we had time to go back. We loved our time in Hawaii and wish we had more time to see and do all that is available on the island of Oahu. We look forward to going back sometime in the future. Thank you Steve for a wonderful Valentine's day.
7 comments:
She's looks like a little Lilo! What great hawaiian dresses!
Do you really think it is fair that people who already live in Southern Cal get to go to Hawaii when people who live in Philly do not?
:)
I'm thinking about joining you next time.
XOXO Love, Mom XOXO
I love little Sienna on the rock in her blue dress. Such a cutie!
I'm glad you had fun.
These pictures are precious!! Looks like you had a blast! Sienna is beautiful!
How fun!!! Hawaii is so beautiful!! Glad you guys were able to enjoy a vacation!!
Tatoos! Oh man! What has gotten into you crazy kids? I love Sienna's little dresses! :) And Steve, I thought you were supposed to put fires out - not start them up! :) Looks like fun guys!
It looks so beautiful! I'm glad you guys were able to take a trip.
Post a Comment